News & Media
We are proud to be the topic of many conversations and an organization that is embraced by the media. Below you will find the latest news, our press kit, and more. Feel free to contact us if you are looking to engage a story about McClain Cellars.
Growth Plans: We are constantly growing and seeking new locations. We currently have 4 locations and 2 more under construction in Southern California. Plans are in motion to expand into San Diego, Los Angeles, Temecula, and other areas throughout California.
Founder/Proprietor: Jason McClain
Head Winemaker: Dean Guzman
Director of Operations: Jillian Howison
Services Manager: Whitney Chapman
Founded: July 2016
DTC Production: 7k cases
Custom Crush: 20K cases
No. of Staff: 25+
Varietals: 31 Wines
Locations: 4 Tasting Rooms
Latest News & Media Coverage McClain Cellars in the News
- Laguna Beach Brunch Guide: What's Open, What's Closed - Patchon April 15, 2022 at 7:00 am
- Valentine's Day Orange County 2022: Restaurants, Romantic Things to Do - Foodgressingon January 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Rocket back to 1938 with dinner and a movie at Santa Maria Flight Museum - Paso Robles Daily Newson October 16, 2021 at 7:00 am
- Business Journal Celebrates Family-Owned Businesses - Orange County Business Journalon August 26, 2021 at 7:00 am
- Father's Day Weekend Events in Orange County - Orange Coast Magazineon June 16, 2021 at 7:00 am
- McClain Cellars is the toast of Irvine - Irvine Standardon April 4, 2021 at 7:00 am
- Jason McClain Uncorks His Passion for Wine - Orange County Business Journalon February 21, 2021 at 8:00 am
- A Global Guide to Black-Owned Wine Labels | Wine Enthusiast - Wine Enthusiast Magazine Onlineon June 8, 2020 at 7:00 am
- 28 Black-Owned Businesses to Support in Orange County - Locale Magazineon June 3, 2020 at 10:10 pm
- Grand Designs: Will the Honarkars’ developments invigorate Laguna Beach – or not? - OCRegisteron September 3, 2019 at 7:00 am
National Media Coverage
Featured by NBC's 1st Look
January 2022 – Showcased as a Nationwide feature on NBC’s 1st Look with Johnny Bananas after Saturday Night Live. Highlighted our Solvang & Buellton locations.
Featured by Chase Marriott Bonvoy Card
December 2021 – Featured by VOX Media promoting Solvang, CA for the Marriott Chase Bonvoy Credit Card.
Founded on Family Values
McClain Cellars has 4 wine tasting rooms across Southern California in Laguna Beach, Solvang, and Buellton. It is the only black-owned winery in both Santa Barbara and Orange County. All locations are “hip” modern industrial luxury tasting lounges that are a cross between a New York “Soho” music venue and a “Napa Valley” tasting venue. Featuring crisp whites, smooth reds, and creative blends, McClain is constantly creating 90+ point wines. The brand’s focus is on the experience, the story behind the wine and the joy the guest engages when visiting one of the locations.
Excellence at any Cost
The Fastest Growing Winery
We have no limits when it comes to growing our brand. Our goal is to make the name “McClain” one of the best brands in the world. WE DO NOT WHOLESALE our wines. We are one of the only medium production wineries in the state that focus entirely on a “Direct-To-Consumer” (DTC) business model. We want our guests to experience the very best that we have to offer. To do that our wines are only available at our wine tasting lounges, online, or through our wine club.